50 Cent just got 100 percent of what he wanted in court…for the time being.
A New York judge issued a temporary ruling Monday granting the rapper (born Curtis Jackson) visitation with his 11-year-old son, pending the kickoff of his long-simmering custody trial with ex-girlfriend Shaniqua Tompkins Oct. 22.
"Yeah, I'm happy," the rapper said outside Suffolk Family Court. "I get a chance to see him."
Fiddy will get alternate weekends with son Marquise. In addition to the court-sanctioned bonding time, Judge David Freundlich issued an order of protection against the superstar, ordering him to stay away from his ex-girlfriend as a result of their incendiary—literally, she claims—relationship.
As a result, a neutral spot has been chosen as the former fun couple's official custodial handoff location, the 103rd Precinct in Queens.
While Fiddy is pleased with the temporary ruling, Tompkins is not, with her lawyer hinting that every other weekend is perhaps too much time for the boy to spend with his father.
"I frankly don't see, given his schedule, how he's going to be able to see him on alternating weekends," lawyer Paul Katsandonis told Newsday. "We want to make sure that he's going to be in a safe, nurturing environment."
Tensions have been brewing between the parents for ages, but came to a head after a May fire destroyed the Fiddy-owned Long Island mansion where she and her son were residing.
She claimed the rapper, who had been trying to evict her from the property, had a hand in the devastating blaze. It was an allegation Fiddy adamantly denied, to the point where he filed a $20 million defamation suit against his former paramour in June.
The arson squad's investigation into the blaze is ongoing.
Although 50 Cent is due back in court next month, he won't be at a loss for how to spend the time leading up to his trial, telling reporters upon leaving the courthouse that he planned to "make some music, make some movies and continue to kick it."