The princess is about to be a bride.
While Hathaway's romance with the 30-year-old actor has gone much smoother than her previous relationship with Italian real estate developer ex Raffaello Follieri (who's now behind bars), Shulman's identity still remains somewhat of a mystery...until now!
Here are five things you need to know about Hathaway's hubby-to-be...
1. When Adam Met Annie: Hathaway and Shulman first began dating in late 2008, just months after Hathaway split from Follieri. "We met through mutual friends," Shulman told Life & Style in November 2008 while he was accompanying Hathaway to a New Orleans screening of Rachel Getting Married. In January 2009, Shulman accompanied Hathaway to the opening gala of the Palm Springs Film Festival, where the Oscar-nominated actress was being honored with the Desert Palm Achievement Award.
2. Where He's From: Like Hathaway, who was born in Brooklyn, Shulman is a native New Yorker and he's smart! He apprenticed at the Williamstown Theatre Festival in Massachusetts and also attended a summer program at NYU's Tisch School of Arts, according to IMDb. Shulman went on to study theater at Brown University in Providence, R.I., and graduated in 2002 in a class of just 60 students.
3. He's an Actor Too: Shulman put his theater degree to use, nabbing a recurring role in the 2005 TV show American Dreams as character Paul O'Bannon alongside Brittany Snow. He also acted on The West Wing and costarred as Deputy Enos Strate in—get ready for it—The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning, a made-for-TV movie.
4. He's No Stranger to Designing Jewelry: Before Shulman proposed with a custom Kwiat engagement ring that he helped design, he started his own jewelry line called James Banks with goldsmith Heidi Nahser Fink. The company is named after Shulman's grandfather, who created jewelry for his grandmother. The collection features antique-style butterfly and light-bulb necklaces and pendants made from metal that cost up to $1,100!
5. He's Very Low-Key: Unlike Follieri, Shulman is a good guy and very down-to-earth. "Mellow doesn't always make for a good story, but it makes for a good life," Hathaway told Harpers Bazaar of their romance. The Dark Knight Rises actress also opened up to Marie Claire U.K. "I am very much in love with him. But you do need to keep your private life private. Adam totally ruined my plan. I was really actually looking forward to a little alone time and then I fell in love like a fool!"