Unfortunately, the same can't be said for some other Tinseltown types who—in their desire to protect their gal-pal, their pals or their pride—resort to fisticuffs, a decision that usually lands them a slew of negative tabloid publicity and in some cases, a date with a judge.
E! News has a roundup of five other memorable celebrity brawls. Check it out:
1. Shia LaBeouf: While he was lucky enough to get some sword training for the last Indiana Jones flick a few years back, what Mr. La Beef could really use apparently is a lesson in self-defense. The 25-year-old thesp reportedly found himself in a row last month at a Vancouver bar with a drunk patron who pummeled the hell out of him. LaBeouf did manage to get in a shot or two of his own before he was restrained by his friends. No charges were filed over the incident.
2. Sean Bean: The Game of Thrones star got into a fracas with a fellow pub reveler in London last June after the latter made some lewd remarks toward his beautiful Playboy model companion. The veteran actor ended up getting punched in the face and stabbed in the arm with broken glass, but living up to his tough guy reputation on the big screen, he refused medical attention and went back to the bar for another round.
3. Teresa Giudice: Don't mess with the Real Housewives of New Jersey's Teresa. The reality trainwreck and her hubby, Joe, got into a scrap with a Chicago-area policeman of all people at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino bar in the Dominican Republic last February. Per a civil suit filed against the couple, Giudice sprayed the officer's mother-in-law with champagne, touching off a tussle that left the cop with a broken arm and other injuries.
Shreveport Police Department
4. Josh Brolin and Jeffrey Wright: The W. costars were down in Shreveport, La., filming the Oliver Stone biopic in July 2008 when they hit a watering hole and got into an altercation with local cops who wanted to arrest a rowdy crewmember. When Brolin and Wright came to the man's aid, they wound up getting pepper sprayed and arrested for interfering with an officer. The misdemeanors charges were subsequently dismissed.
5. Russell Crowe: Before getting married and settling into family life, the then-single Gladiator was better known for unleashing hell on several folks he didn't take a liking to. In one incident, a surly Crowe lost his temper and roughed up a director at an afterparty for the British Academy Film Awards. In another, after knocking down some pints, Crowe came to blows with a wealthy New Zealand businessman whom two years prior he had fought with over a woman. And don't even get us started about that phone-throwing assault.