It's a good day to be a James Bond fan.
At a press conference in London today, Daniel Craig was joined by director Sam Mendes, as well as several other castmembers of the next installment of the 007 franchise, to answer a number of burning questions and confirm a bunch of rumors surrounding the flick.
So, in addition to finding out that cameras are set to begin rolling this Monday and that the 23rd Bond movie will be released in the U.K. and Ireland on Oct. 26, 2012, and in North America on Nov. 9, 2012, here are five other juicy tidbits of info we now know for sure...
1. No Longer Bond 23: That less-than-creative working title can finally be tossed out: The film will officially be called Skyfall. The title, of course, wasn't too much of a secret thanks, in part, to some pretty savvy Internet spies.
2. Who's Joining 007 and M This Time Around?: While we already knew Judi Dench would be returning to reprise her role as Bond's no-nonsense superior, other casting rumors have now been solidified. Loose-lipped Javier Bardem is indeed on board as the secret agent's No. 1 nemesis, along with Ralph Fiennes, Albert Finney and French actress Bérénice Marlohe.
3. What's a Bond Movie Without a Bond Girl?: After much speculation, Pirates of the Caribbean and 28 Days Later actress Naomie Harris will, in fact, be the latest lady to serve as eye candy. No word yet, though, if her character's name will be as memorable as, say, Holly Goodhead or Pussy Galore.
4. Location, Location, Location: When it comes to these movies, it isn't just about what Bond is doing, or who he's doing it to, but also where he's doing it. Skyfall will be shot in a variety of places around the world including London, Shanghai, Turkey and Scotland.
5. What Can We Expect From Skyfall?: "It, I think, has all the elements of a classic Bond movie, including, to quell any rumors, a lot of action," said Mendes during the press conference, adding that the movie is "its own story" and won't have any connection to the previous two Bond films starring Craig. In a press release, a short plot synopsis was given: In Skyfall, Bond's loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.
Next fall can't come soon enough!