Close
BRAND NEW ON E!
  • News/ 

    Selena Gomez Seeks Restraining Order Against Man Behind Alleged Death Threat

    Selena Gomez Jason Merritt/Getty Images

    It's not easy being Selena Gomez.

    The young star had to endure a plethora of threats from Bieber fans on Twitter after she and Justin Bieber went public as a couple. But now things have gotten a lot more serious.

    Gomez has requested a restraining order against a 46-year-old man who allegedly confided to his therapist that he was going to kill the singer.

    READ: Afternoon Mail! Justin Bieber vs. Selena Gomez: Who's the Fairest of Them All?

    According to a request filed Oct. 13 in Los Angeles Superior Court, the starlet states that she does not know Thomas Brodnicki, but has been told that he traveled from Chicago to Los Angeles to meet her.

    RELATED: Get the court docs

    She was also told "that he has had conversations with God in which he was thinking about killing me," and that Brodnicki was previously in mental health custody after threatening to "'scratch people's eyes out' on the street."  

    Gomez says she fears for her safety and is asking the court to restrain Brodnicki from contacting or coming within 100 feet of her, her mother, stepfather and assistant.

    A hearing will be held on Nov. 4 at the Burbank courthouse.

    —Reporting by Claudia Rosenbaum

    PHOTOS: Court Appearances

    FROM AROUND THE WEB
    MORE ON EONLINE

    RELATED VIDEOS: