A federal judge this morning ordered Christopher Chaney to Los Angeles to appear in court on Nov. 1, E! News can confirm.
But although he has copped to (and apologized for) the hacking, don't expect him to plead guilty just yet.
"They'll probably just do an appearance on Tuesday, Nov. 1, and then the following Monday he'll be asked to enter his plea," says U.S. Attorney spokesman Thom Mrozek.
The 35-year-old Chaney will not be transferred by U.S. marshals. Instead, he must appear on his own recognizance since he's currently out on $10,000 bond.
By then, Chaney can expect even more of the press scrutiny that has apparently caused the Florida native quite a lot of consternation. So much in fact that someone taped a note to a window of his Jacksonville home yesterday in which he asked reporters to leave his family alone.
Chaney previously told local outlets that he plans to plead guilty to cyber-related charges that could net him up to 121 years in prison.