At least whatever sanity is lost is charity's gain.
Donald Trump and NBC have unveiled the latest crop of (if not A-listers, then at least folks who are on some list or other) famous types who will compete for cash for their favorite charities and—if all goes according to plan—start judging and hating on one another right from the get-go on the fifth installment of Celebrity Apprentice.
Here's the run-down on the 18 [feel free to insert your own Trumpian superlative] stars along for the ride:
• Clay Aiken, 32: Pop star, father, second-season runner-up on American Idol
• Marco Andretti, 24: IndyCar series driver and scion of the great Andretti racing family is the youngest member of the Celebrity Apprentice cast this season. Father is Michael Andretti and his grandfather is racing legend Mario Andretti.
• Tia Carrere, 44: Musician and actress perhaps best known for playing Mike Myers' girlfriend in Wayne's World. A former Dancing With the Stars contestant, she's done the reality thing before.
• Adam Carolla, 47: Former Man Show funny guy, who also appeared on Dancing With the Stars and used to cohost Love Line with Dr. Drew Pinsky, now hosts a pretty darn successful podcast based in L.A.
• Lou Ferrigno, 59: Actor and bodybuilder who played the titular green guy on TV's The Incredible Hulk.
• Deborah Gibson, 41: The pop singer formerly known as Debbie Gibson made a big splash in the 1980s with Electric Youth.
• Teresa Giudice, 39: Outspoken star of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, perhaps best known for flipping a table.
• Victoria Gotti, 48: Author of several books and former star of Growing Up Gotti is the daughter of late NYC crime boss John Gotti. She's not to be confused with her mother, who's also Victoria.
• Arsenio Hall, 55: Former late-night host and Eddie Murphy's costar in Coming to America and Harlem Nights, had an entire generation going "whoop-whoop-whoop" while pumping their fists in a circular motion.
• Penn Jillette, 56: Comedian and illusionist is a fixture on the Vegas stage with silent partner Teller.
• Lisa Lampanelli, 50: Raunchy, racy comedian and frequent roaster for Comedy Central.
• Dayana Mendoza, 25: The singer and Venezuelan TV personality was crowned Miss Universe in 2008.
• Aubrey O'Day, 27: Singer and former member of Diddy-tailored girl group Danity Kane.
• Dee Snider, 56: Twisted Sister frontman who helped out last season's winner, John Rich, with his final challenge, a retro 7 Up commercial.
• George Takei, 74: Actor and gay rights activist played Sulu on Star Trek and is a favored guest of The Howard Stern Show. He's the oldest contestant on the show this season.
• Paul Teutul, Sr, 62: Motorcycle designer and star of the Discovery Channel's reality hit American Chopper, which lasted six seasons.
• Cheryl Tiegs, 64: Actress and former supermodel.
• Patricia Velásquez, 40: Venezuelan model and actress from The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. She also played Will Arnett's girlfriend Marta on Arrested Development.
The fifth season of Celebrity Apprentice will premiere Sunday, Feb. 12 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on NBC. (E! and NBC are part of the NBCUniversal.)
So, are you super-psyched to watch this play out? Share your thoughts on Trump's latest group of combatants in the comments section!