And when an event is so closely examined, you wind up knowing absolutely everything there is to know about it, right?
Wrong! Be sure to watch E! on Sunday and Monday for the whole story, and there are still plenty more secrets about what really happened on Kim's big day. We've got five big ones right here:
1. Style Network: Kim's fashion stylist and longtime friend Simone Harouche was on emergency standby, just in case anything went wrong with her wedding 'do. (Or, for that matter, her bridal party's wedding 'dos.) But not only was Simone there, she was also seated in the front row of a section of overflow chairs during the ceremony, right next to the altar. Afterward, she was never too far from the bride's side as Kim made the rounds at her reception. Talk about a maid of honor!
2. Expert Masonry: Scott Disick was indeed late getting to his seat, but not because he was dawdling outside. Of course not! The devoted dad was caring for son and ring-bearer Mason while Kourtney Kardashian primped. Scott stayed by the boy's side until it was time to send Mason down the aisle with his mommy. The little scene-stealer ultimately delivered the satin pillow into the right hands on time, after which Scott slid into his seat just as the ceremony started.
3. I'm With You: Brody Jenner and girlfriend Avril Lavigne kept a low profile throughout, starting with the seating arrangement that placed them near the back of the reception tent. The couple didn't dance and barely mingled, with Avril apparently content to remain best-known for singing pop tunes rather than making a splash at her potential stepsister-in-law's wedding.
4. Everybody Was Watching: Wedding special = camera crew, duh! But there weren't just a bunch of people out in a truck while a few cameras captured all the action. Instead, E! and Bunim/Murray Productions set up a makeshift master control room with a bank of monitors inside the private estate where the I-dos and the party took place in order to keep a close watch on the nine cameras' worth of footage shot that night. (Success! E!'s two-part special is premiering this weekend!)
5. Towering Menace: Kris was a little unsure when it came time to cut the cake, and not only because the marble-chocolate-chip behemoth was 8 feet tall and weighed nearly 600 pounds! It turns out that he, like probably many grooms before him, wasn't sure what to do when the big cake-cutting moment arrived. So Kim patiently coached him beforehand on how to join hands, slice through the buttercream and feed his wife a piece of cake.