You've read the rumors...now here's the real deal.
The lineup for the 13th season of Dancing With the Stars was announced tonight (by Tom Bergeron and "Brooke Burke Charvet"), and we're definitely going to have to watch the show to truly find out whether "13" is lucky...or the worst number ever.
Here's who will be quickstepping and jiving for your votes starting Sept. 19:
• Ricki Lake, 42, actress and talk-show host
• Ron Artest, 31, NBA star
• Kristin Cavallari, 24, former star of Laguna Beach and The Hills
• Chynna Phillips, 43, pop singer
• David Arquette, 39, actor
• Carson Kressley, 41, TV personality and style expert
• Nancy Grace, 51, HLN host and legal commentator
• J.R. Martinez, 28, Army vet and All My Children star
• Hope Solo, U.S. soccer player
• Rob Kardashian, 24, Keeping Up With the Kardashians star
"I love to dance and I love to entertain, and there's no place better to do that than this show," Arquette said cheerfully, his smile lightening up the somewhat somber mood in the room. (What, were they that bummed that Kressley was stuck in New York and couldn't make his DWTS debut? Or is it because the cast lineup was leaking like a sieve beforehand?)
Sure, we saw Lake shake it more than 20 years ago in Hairspray, but each one of these stars (and star-ish people) defies the term wild card.
"I can finally confirm...I'm on Dancing With The Stars this season!!! Already having so much fun," Cavallari tweeted after the big reveal.
"I've been dying to tell you guys that I am on #DWTS. Can't wait to share the journey with you!," Grace offered, also via Twitter.
"Thx everyone 4 your support," wrote Solo. "I'm excited for this challenge but most importantly to try and raise awareness 4 women's soccer."
"Hey @ryanseacrest watch me on #DWTS !!!!," Kressley wrote.
Well, LOL on that one.
Quite the motley crew, eh? Maybe even more so than usual? Share your predictions for who's going to run away with season 13 of DWTS in the comments!
(Originally published Aug. 29, 2011, at 6:35 p.m. PT)