The news this summer has been wildly unpredictable, be it the hookups, the breakups or The Smurfs beating Cowboys & Aliens at the box office.
But one thing we can always count on is celebs having the urge to tie the knot while the sun is shining, the air is balmy and it's highly unlikely that out-of-town guests will have trouble getting there due to inclement weather.
From a certain E! star who went all out to an Oscar winner who surreptitiously tied the knot with James Bond, here are our picks for the five most beautiful brides of summer 2011:
1. Kim Kardashian: Call us biased, but you can't call us crazy. The E! star cut quite the figure in her strapless Vera Wang ballgown, with its form-hugging bodice and full skirt fit for a princess. And even though not everyone was a fan, it was only fitting that Kim donned a diamond headpiece to bring her fairytale-wedding theme home. Remember, the hoopla surrounding Kim and Kris Humphries' nuptials occurred for a reason: People were insanely curious to see what she was wearing and all the glamorous, extravagant details. Excessive, sure. But, in the end, Kim had a perfectly good reason to have so many cameras on her: She looked amazing.
2. Kate Moss: Considering the model, who's still pretty super at 37, looks impossibly chic every time she throws on a blazer and big sunglasses, it wasn't much of a stretch to assume she'd be a beautiful bride—whenever that day finally came. Sure enough, Kate finally tied the knot with The Kills frontman Jamie Hince and she looked stunning in a vintage-style gown by pal John Galliano. She left her hair down, added minimal jewelry and kept the makeup simple. Wouldn't all brides like to look as if they just rolled out of bed, slipped on a dress and found themselves at the altar—in a good way!
3. America Ferrera: Having a hit show is great, but when its concept hinges on your character being the butt of orthodontia and fat jokes...Seems like that would get a bit tiresome, even when you know you're perfectly hot under the bad wig and clashing outfits. But America distanced herself from Ugly Betty's far-fetched premise even further in June when she swapped vows with filmmaker Ryan Piers Williams. The actress, most recently seen in a truer-to-life state on The Good Wife, wore Amsale Aberra for Christos Bridal and diamond earrings by Hollywood fave Fred Leighton. Quite a sight for sore eyes.
4. Lily Allen: The English songbird positively glowed after marrying Sam Cooper, both from happiness and because she was pregnant—which you could kinda tell through her intricately detailed, lacy gown by French designer Delphine Manivet. And yes, we know, Lily technically had a spring wedding on June 11, but the "Smile" warbler has had her fair share of tragedy and troubles, and it was just so nice to see her looking that radiant...We had to make an exception! The expectant mom tweeted last week, "I can't see my toes and I'm not bendy anymore." But we bet she's still smiling.
5. Rachel Weisz: One minute she and Daniel Craig are one of those maybe-couples, and then the next minute they're married! While we obviously can't keep up with her, we do know that the glam-without-trying Oscar winner probably looked positively lovely while tying the knot with 007 in a ceremony of MI6-secret proportions. After saying their I-dos in NYC, we like to think of them rappelling down the side of the building and taking off in an Aston Martin, the Manhattan traffic parting like the Red Sea to let them through.
But surely you disagree. Maybe you think Brooke Burke was the belle of all wedding balls in St. Barts. Perhaps Vanessa Minnillo is your idea of a picture-perfect bride. Hey, Tara Reid cleaned up pretty nicely for her sudden ceremony in Greece, right? And 16-year-old Courtney Stodden sure looked 10 years older on her big day!
Share your pick for the most beautiful bride of summer 2011 in the comments section!