It's been one hot and steamy summer, filled with flings aplenty, teensy bikinis, and...wild hairdos?!
Yes, celeb hair took a beating this season. Some of our Hollywood favorites lashed out against the heat with bold (and bald) new looks!
Whether for a new role or just a premature midlife crisis, the sudden change of locks on these A-listers gave us all a little shock.
Here are this summer's five most shocking hairdos:
Jackson Lee / Splash News
1. Vanessa Hudgens: Now, don't jump to conclusions! The former High School Musical sweetie isn't trading in her glam for grunge. The young actress ditched her locks for her role in the upcoming drama Gimme Shelter, where she plays a pregnant teen living on the streets.
Toby Canham/Getty Images; Florian G Seefried/Getty Images
2. Emma Stone: The Help starlette definitely made her summer mark as this season's It Girl. But when she booted her unique ginger locks for a platinum blonde 'do, we all had to take a double look. Yup! Still as hot as ever! The young thesp went for the bleach for her new role as Gwen Stacy in the upcoming Spider-Man flick.
3. Matt Damon: Someone's going to need a buffer and some aloe vera! The True Grit star took out the razor and Bic'd his head for a new role as Mr. Clean in the upcoming film, Elysium. No worries, though. Even without his brunette locks, the 40-year-old veteran actor still looks as handsome as ever.
Sam Sharma, PacificCoastNews.com
4. Dianna Agron: America's favorite cheerleader-turned-Gleek shocked us twice this summer! First, she took to the scizzors and chopped off her long wavy tresses for a new short bob. Then, in August, the Glee star debuted her bob with a wild pink makeover! Mid-mid-life crisis, or just looking for a funky change? Either way, Dianna is both beautiful in blonde and pretty in pink!
5. Robert Pattinson: This is what happens when your hair dresser is Edward Scizzor Hands. R-Patz had us scratching our heads in late July, when he debuted this half buzzed, half scruffy, haircut at the 2011 Comic-Con. Be it a unique twist on self-expression, a sacrifice for his Cosmopolis role, or just out of pure boredom, the Twilight vamp-hottie is lucky that his hotness carries on sans the hair!