Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
For most folks, summertime is about kicking back and going cazh in flip-flops and shorts—but not so for these hard-working ladies, who busted their designer-clad butts off from one red carpet to the next and looked fabulous doing it!
Click in to find out which ladies made our list of top five most stylish summer stars, starting with new fashionista in town Kate Middleton...
Macpherson/Gillis-SplashNews; Chris Jackson/Getty Images; Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
1. Kate Middleton: After marrying her prince and becoming the new Duchess of Cambridge, Catherine became an international fashion sensation. Her whirlwind trip to Canada and California in July required a whopping 40 wardrobe changes. But every ensemble was classic, ladylike and event-appropriate (especially Her Royal Highness' adorable ode-to-Canada Maple Leaf fascinator, which stole the show)—what a breath of fresh air to know that whenever this young royal steps out, she is always put-together and pretty, and that she isn't afraid to recycle her favorite pieces.
Sean Gallup/Getty Images for Parmount Pictures; Dave M. Benett/Getty Images; Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com
2. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: A summer movie blockbuster season without the sexy Megan Fox on the red carpet? Horrors! But her Transformers: Dark of the Moon replacement, RHW, stepped up to the plate and made us forget all about Fox. The 24-year-old model turned actress was drop-dead gorgeous and dazzling in über-fabulous plunging gowns, va-va-voom red and head-to-toe sparkles from the Big Apple to Moscow. Here's hoping we'll see plenty more of ravishing Rosie on the red carpet!
Splash News; Jamie McCarthy/WireImage; Kristina Nikishina/Epsilon/Getty Images
3. Mila Kunis: This babe also had an insanely busy summer promoting Friends With Benefits with Justin Timberlake. There's just something about this star, she seems really cool and laid-back but she can kick ass, too (did you see her school that reporter in Russian?). But mostly, the 27-year-old always looked chic without ever trying too hard or getting it wrong. No wonder she's our major girl crush. Hey, Mila, now that your tour has wrapped, wanna hang out?
Stefanie Keenan/WireImage; David Crotty/PatrickMcMullan.com/Sipa Press; Michael Tran/FilmMagic
4. Jessica Alba: All the famous moms-to-be out there, take note—this is how you do pregnancy chic right! From Jess' hilariously self-deprecating whale print to her ballsy full-length leopard dress to her Dolce & Gabbana star halter dress, the now mother of two showed all summer long that she could look like one hot—and on-trend—mama in her flattering maternity clothes.
ADTJ/GSI Media; Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com; INFphoto.com
5. Lady Gaga: Outrageous foot-tall platforms and sky-high wigs are par for the course for this fierce fashionista. So Gaga really shocked the world during her recent stay in Los Angeles when she wore—gasp!—regular dresses and shoes that normal ladies would wear. And the Mother Monster proved she could wear it well, looking gorgeous in Versace's printed sheaths and Ferragamo's funky checks. And that just made us goo-goo for Gaga all over again.
Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic; Dave Hogan/Getty Images; Dave Hogan/Getty Images
Runner-Up: Jennifer Aniston: This list wouldn't be complete without a special shout-out to Jen, who finally broke free of her basic-black comfort zone and wore color not once but twice this summer! That's a big deal for this babe, who's been stuck in a rut for ages. So not every look knocked it out of the park—there was a shoe fail here and there—but the Friends star gets kudos for at least trying. Also, she was glowing and incredibly happy, which we're guessing is in part because she's found new love with Justin Theroux. Whatever it is, she's bringing the mega-wattage movie-star glamour to the red carpet, and that's awesome.