Who knew the toughest crew in town were a bunch of little blue dudes?
But while The Smurfs was schooling the multiplex, there were plenty of other big stories to keep up on, including Miley Cyrus' new equality-minded tattoo, Kate Middleton and Prince William's royal wedding attendance and some surprising baby news.
That wasn't all that went down this weekend. Read on for more...
• Tat's All: Miley Cyrus debuted her new ink job on Twitter; it's an equal sign on her finger that she says means "all love is equal."
• Box Office Battle: Cowboys & Aliens and The Smurfs tied for the top spot in this weekend's box office $36.2 million, per initial estimates, followed by Captain America: The First Avenger with $24.9 million.
• Billion-Dollar Baby: The final Potter flick, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, became the first movie to break $900 million after only 15 days in theaters worldwide, and the first in the series to gross $1 billion.
• Busted: Al Pacino's daughter, Julie Pacino, was arrested early Saturday morning in Manhattan for allegedly driving under the influence.
• Comic Timing: Iconic funnyman Jerry Lewis took jabs at American Idol and The Biggest Loser during the Television Critics Association press tour, calling American Idol's contestants "McDonald's wipeouts."
• TMI Alert: Enrique Iglesias called his um, package, not so impressive, saying "I have the smallest penis in the world. I'm serious." Meanwhile, Gwyneth Paltrow got raunchy on Twitter, tweeting, "Who do I have to bang to get an advance copy of the new @coldplay album?"
• Another Royal Wedding: Queen Elizabeth II's granddaughter Zara Phillips wed rugby player Mike Tindall Saturday afternoon, with Prince William and Kate Middleton in attendance.
• Overheated: Kings of Leon was forced to cut their show in Dallas short after frontman Caleb Followill complained of the extreme heat at the venue, walked off the stage and never came back.
• Opening Up: Angelina Jolie revealed she's lost some passion for acting since becoming a mother of six.
• Baby Bumpin': 21-year-old Kick-Ass star Aaron Johnson and his 44-year-old filmmaker fiancé Sam Taylor-Wood announced they are expecting their second child.
• Ghost to Ghost: With the rise of ghost hunting shows in recent years, we couldn't help but to ask if these supernatural shows are real or fake.