Forget about The Best of Both Worlds. It's more like the best of both universes.
Reigning gods of hip-hop and superfriends Jay-Z and Kanye West are joining forces for a new album that will also see them hit the road and coheadline a fall tour under the aptly chosen rap moniker the Throne.
R. Kelly, we hardly knew ya.
The collaborative record, dubbed Watch the Throne, will be released digitally via iTunes on Aug. 8 and hit stores four days later.
A month later, the rap superstars will then head out across North America for the Watch the Throne arena trek, which kicks off Sept. 22 at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit before heading to Philadelphia, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Atlanta, and more, and wrapping up in Boston on Nov. 3.
Fans of both Jay-Z and Kanye who purchase presale tickets for the jaunt starting July 28 via Livenation.com will receive a free digital copy of their 12-song set, which also features a guest appearance from Beyoncé. General tickets go on sale Aug. 8.
Here's the full itinerary:
• Sept. 22 Detroit, Palace of Auburn Hills
• Sept. 24 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
• Sept. 25 Montreal, Bell Centre
• Sept. 27 East Rutherford, N.J., Izod Center
• Sept. 28 East Rutherford, N.J., Izod Center
• Sept. 29 Washington, D.C., Verizon Center
• Oct. 4 Philadelphia, Wells Fargo Center
• Oct. 6 Chicago, United Center
• Oct. 7 Chicago, United Center
• Oct. 8 Minneapolis, Target Center
• Oct. 10 Denver, Pepsi Center
• Oct. 13 Tacoma, Tacoma Dome
• Oct. 14 Vancouver, Rogers Arena
• Oct. 16 San Jose, Calif., HP Pavilion
• Oct. 17 Sacramento, Power Balance Pavilion
• Oct. 19 Los Angeles, Staples Center
• Oct. 20 Los Angeles, Staples Center
• Oct. 21 Las Vegas, MGM Grand Garden Arena
• Oct. 25 Dallas, American Airlines Center
• Oct. 26 Houston, Toyota Center
• Oct. 29 Atlanta, Philips Arena
• Oct. 30 Greensboro, N.C., Greensboro Coliseum
• Nov. 1 Baltimore, 1st Mariner Arena
• Nov. 3 Boston, TD Garden