The music may be over but her memory lives on.
Following Amy Winehouse's tragic death Saturday at the age of 27, many of her fellow celebrities took to Twitter to mourn the loss of the Grammy-winning "Rehab" singer and the magnificent talent that, sadly, appears to have been cut short by an ongoing addiction to drugs and alcohol.
"Dear God have mercy!!! I am SICK about this right now!" a shocked Rihanna wrote on her page, adding "U made a MAJAH impression on this industry and throughout the world, in such a short space of time...too short!"
Here's a roundup.
• "I cant even breathe right my now im crying so hard i just lost 1 of my best friends. i love you forever Amy & will never forget the real you!" mourned Winehouse's reality star friend Kelly Osbourne.
• "Super sad to hear about the news. RIP. never take life for granted," tweeted rocker Pete Wentz.
• "I'm not sure how anyone with a soul can make jokes about the passing of one of the most talented artists this generation will see," tweeted DJ to the stars Samantha Ronson, whose brother Mark produced Amy's Back to Black album.
• Mark Ronson had this to say: "She was my musical soulmate & like a sister to me. this is one of the saddest days of my life."
• "Addiction is chronic, progressive, and fatal if untreated. It cannot be cured, but it can be arrested one day at a time. Recovery isn't for those who want it, or even those who need. It's for those who work it," chimed in Ashley Judd without citing Winehouse by name.
• "Just heard about Amy Winehouse. How horribly sad. Just so sad," lamented Real Housewives of New York City star Jill Zarin.
• "Please tell me Amy Winehouse didn't die. Is this some sick joke?" wondered pop star Nicki Minaj.
• "Wow! I just heard about Amy Winehouse passing away! Wow! So sad :( what an amazing talent," remembered Khloé Kardashian Odom.
• "Such desperately sad news re Amy Winehouse. Supreme natural talent, terrible self-destructive addictive personality," tweeted CNN talk show host and former British tabloid editor Piers Morgan.
• "RIP Amy Winehouse.....heart breaks for her family. May she find the peace she was looking for. Xoxo," opined Real Housewives of Orange County's Tamra Barney.
•"Amy Winehouse dead?! Crazy... RIP," tweeted former Malcolm in the Middle star Frankie Muniz.