1. Anita Bryant: The mother of all Hollywood pieings. The once-popular singer and orange-juice pitchwoman took a banana cream to the face during her 1977 crusade against gay rights.
2. Bill Gates: The father of all corporate pieings. The Microsoft maven was the richest person in the world in 1998 when he was stunned (or "flanned," per the Euro press) by a custard cream in Belgium. (Murdoch, by the by, is merely the 122nd richest person in the world, per Forbes.)
3. Ralph Nader: Click ahead to the 23-second mark to see the progressive activist get hit with an unknown cream-pie variety during a 2003 press conference in California. And give the ever-feisty Nader points for hitting back.
4. Ann Coulter: The right-wing provocateur dodged an incoming custard cream at a 2004 campus speech in Arizona. Taking the high road, Coulter gave all the credit for the miss to her attackers: "Fortunately for me," she wrote, "liberals not only argue like liberals, they also throw like girls."
5. Soupy Sales: The king of pieings—or, rather, the king of being pied. The comic, who died in 2009, got hit by as many as 20,000 you-know-whats during his pioneering TV career. Presumably all were thrown in jest. Presumably all were creams. Said Sales: "Apple pies and cherry pies don't work."