Last year's MTV Movie Awards gave us Jennifer Lopez on stage with a Les Grossman-costumed Tom Cruise, a big kiss fake-out via Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, and Sandra Bullock popping back into the spotlight (post-scandal) with a serious Scarlett Johansson lip-lock.
So what will tonight's awards show have in store for us?
While we wait with bated breath for another Robsten appearance, check out five things that could simply shock the world (or maybe not) at tonight's 2011 MTV Movie Awards:
1. Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Not Giving Us More PDA: With Selena on hand to present a golden popcorn trophy, and the Biebs in tow for his Best Jaw Dropping Moment nom for Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, we'd be surprised not to see another smooch between these two (a la the Billboard Awards). Or at least a little hand holding. This wouldn't be a far-fetched prediction for the couple who has been all about the PDA as of late, specifically on their latest romantic getaway (Selena was also just spotted hanging out with Bieb's family).
2. Kristen Stewart & Taylor Lautner Beating Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson for Best Kiss: Once again, Robsten is up for Best Kiss. But, while they snagged the award for their New Moon smacker at last year's MTV Movie Awards, the duo only gave fans a faux embrace. This time, Twihards are hoping the off-screen couple goes for the gusto with a full-on lip lock. Meanwhile, Robsten will be competing with another memorable kiss from Eclipse: that of Kristen and Taylor. The trio has all been confirmed to attend the show and give fans a sneak peek of Breaking Dawn-Part 1 while they're at it (which includes a glimpse at Bella's wedding dress as she ties the knot with Edward).
3. Leonardo DiCaprio and Blake Lively Making Their First U.S. Public Appearance: According to reports, on-and-off couple Leo Dicaprio and supermodel Bar Rafaeli are off again...and Blake and Leo are so on. After a rendezvous in the French Riviera where they were caught strolling hand-in-hand and canoodling on a yacht, could we possibly see them together at the awards? While Lively will be in attendance to present an award, a rep for the Inception star told us Leo will not be at the show. But, just in case the notoriously secretive actor changes his mind at the last minute and sneaks in to watch his new lady love on stage, keep your eyes peeled for any quick embraces (or smooching at the after party).
4. Jason Sudeikis Taking His Clothes Off: We have it on good authority that tonight's shocker will not be a nude Jason Sudeikis. The show's host and Saturday Night Live vet told E! News: "I probably won't get naked. But, if there's one thing I learned from Justin Bieber, it's never say never." So, what can we expect Sudeikis to bring to the table? Tons of Twilight jokes—he's been studying up!
5. Somebody's Performance—We're Just Not Sure Which One: While Beyoncé won't be writhing around the stage crooning "Run the World (Girls)" at this awards show (and Nicki Minaj will be on hand to present and not perform), we can expect performances from the Foo Fighters, Lupe Fiasco and Trey Songz. And since its MTV, don't count out a surprise performance to boot.