That's great. But what we really want to know is which celebrities made the cut. Well, the wait is over. The royal family has just released the official invite list and there are some surprising names.
• Sir Elton John: The royal family has long been a fan of the knighted Rocket Man, who memorably performed "Candle in the Wind" at the funeral for Princess Diana.
• David and Victoria Beckham: Another widely expected invite. As president of the U.K.'s Football Association, Prince William has hung with Becks on several occasions. Recently, they worked together as ambassadors of England's 2018 World Cup bid. And the erstwhile Posh Spice is one of Kate's favorite designers.
• Rowan Atkinson: Yes, Mr. Bean is on the guest list. The actor is a close friend of Charles. And if things start dragging during the vow-swap at Westminster Abbey we can always look to him for some crazy mid-ceremony pratfall. That would be awesome.
• Joss Stone: The soul-singing superstar has long been friendly with the William and Harry, performing at the Concert for Diana at Wembley in 2007 and at City Salute in 2008.
• Ben Fogle: The BBC adventurer, best known for hosting such shows as On Thin Ice and Escape in Time, collaborated with the groom on the 2010 travelogue Prince William's Africa.
While those are the most recognizable names to RSVP, they are far from the only ones. Check out the full list of royalty, diplomats, politicos and other assorted friends who will be attending the big event next Friday at officialroyalwedding2011.org.