Not every avatar can be a winner.
Such was the case at Saturday evening's Golden Raspberry Awards when M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender (the story of a successor to Avatars, in a nutshell) was crowned the worst of the night, taking home Worst Picture, Worst Supporting Actor (Jackson Rathbone), Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3-D, Worst Director and Worst Screenplay.
But the dud fantasy flick wasn't the only one to get a good razzing.
The Sex and the City 2 crew didn't come out unscathed, either, with Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Cynthia Nixon and Kristin Davis jointly grabbing the nod for Worst Actress and Worst Screen Ensemble and, lest we not forget, Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel).
And who was deemed Worst Actor?
None other than Ashton Kutcher for his performance in both Killers and Valentine's Day.
Not to be left out was his V-Day costar and Razzie darling (this is her fifth nomination!) Jessica Alba who er, won, Worst Supporting Actress for her roles in The Killer Inside Me, Little Fockers, Machete and Valentine's Day.
Eclipse's Rathbone wasn't so lucky, however, though his "worst" nod was split between his roles in Last Airbender and Eclipse, so that's not half-bad. Or is it?
Complete list of "winners" at the 2011 Golden Raspberry Awards:
• Worst Picture: The Last Airbender
• Worst Director: M. Night Shyamalan
• Worst Actor: Ashton Kutcher
• Worst Actress: Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon
• Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble: The entire cast of Sex and the City 2
• Worst Supporting Actor: Jackson Rathbone
• Worst Supporting Actress: Jessica Alba
• Worst Screenplay: The Last Airbender
• Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake or Ripoff: Sex and the City 2
• Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3-D: The Last Airbender