Halloween's come and gone, Turkey Day is right around the corner and before you know it Black Friday will be here to officially kick off of the holiday shopping season.
It's also a time to pour some eggnog, Hannukah gelt or hot apple cider and curl up on the couch with a good book.
So here's a rundown of our top five Hollywood-themed tomes bookworms fanboys would appreciate this year...
1. Tron: Betrayal: An Original Graphic Novel to Tron: Legacy: Disney's original Tron, one of the first films to extensively use CG, bombed at the box office in 1982. Since then it's gained cult clout and spawned the upcoming sequel Tron:Legacy, due out Dec. 17. Tron: Betrayal is a 128-page graphic novel that will bridge the original's story, about a video game designer (Jeff Bridges) who disappears into a cyber universe of gladatorial games, and the movie, which features his 27-year-old son (Garrett Hedlund) on a search-and-rescue mission in same digital world. The book, a two-part miniseries written by Jai Nitz, hits stores on Tuesday.
2. The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back: This Lucasfilm-authorized book is the definitive behind-the-scenes chronicle of arguably one of the greatest sequels of all time. Star Wars scholar J.W. Rinzler had full access to George Lucas' archives and conducts all new interviews with the filmmakers, key crew members and the cast. Chock full of never-before-seen sketches and illustrations by Ralph McQuarrie, on-set photos and detailed analysis of early drafts of the script, the book also gives insight into the creation of iconic characters as Yoda, Lando Calrissian and Boba Fett. Oh, and then there's that little rip in the space-time continuum when Lucas dropped the bomb that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father. It's a galaxy worth revisiting, and it's on sale now.
3. Harry Potter Film Wizardry: Put down your broomstick and butterbeer, grab your galleons and snap up this comprehensive and interactive guide that unlocks the mysteries behind the movie-making magic of the blockbuster fantasy series. Aside from featuring removable reproductions of various props and 10 collectible bonus items from the films, Film Wizardry includes never-before-seen photos from the Harry Potter sets, concept art and stories from series stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson. Want to know how those moving staircases work? Wonder how Dementors glide and Hippogriffs fly? This tome spills the secrets faster than you can say Expecto Patronum. In stores now.
4. The Walking Dead, Books 1-6: They're coming to get you. On the heels of Frank Darabont's Walking Dead TV series, which debuted on AMC to big ratings and a quick renewal, this holiday season forego the warmth of the family hearth for a bone-chilling collection of 12 issues of Robert Kirkman's cult zombie comic. The story follows Rick Grimes, a small-town cop who wakes from a coma to find himself in a post-apocalyptic nightmare filled with reanimated flesh-eaters. The horror is on book shelves now.
5. Simpsons World the Ultimate Episode Guide: Seasons 1-20: Now that Fox has renewed The Simpsons for a record 23rd season (23rd!), further cementing its place as the longest-running TV comedy ever, now would be a good time to pick up this awesome set. A comprehensive guide to just the first 20 seasons, Simpsons World includes synopses for every episode, more than 400 character profiles, every couch gag, all of Bart's chalkboard phrases, every song every Simpsons character has ever sung, a tribute to Troy McClure and plenty of cool art. A Simpsons lover's dream. In stores.