Whether you're an A-lister or merely a reality-TV star, no celebrity is safe from embarrassing s--t their parents say.
From gender-confusing births, to incoherent Twitter rants and shockingly angry voice mails, humiliating acts of parental proportions are nothing new.
Here are our top five most embarrassing things moms and dads have said about their celeb spawn...
1. Goldie Hawn: While presenting an award to her daughter at a recent Hollywood dinner, Kate Hudson's famous mama revealed that Hudson was actually born a boy... at least that's what the doctors told her. "I was lying there and they were slicing and dicing...[and] all of a sudden, out she comes and they say, 'It's a boy!' And I was lying there going, 'No, it's a girl!'...I knew it was a girl, and I looked at them and they said, 'Oh, no...It's a girl!' And I thought, What part of her anatomy are you looking at to make a mistake like that?"
2. Lynn Patridge: Audrina's mom delivered a wine-y rant to Hollywoodtv.com earlier this week about her daughter's DWTS elimination, the forthcoming Audrina reality show and a certain other Hills star, among other things. "Lauren Conrad's pissy ass little fashion s--t. That bitch wants to bring it on?" Lynn slurred. "Let's go! F--king let's go!...I've been a celebrity mom eight years through this Hills bulls--t, but Audrina is going to the next level. She's got it in her. F--king Hills girls. Hills tramps!" Mama Patridge also said, "I usually don't drink." Now we know why.
3. Alec Baldwin: In a voice mail heard around the world, the 30 Rock star shockingly berated his daughter, Ireland, in a 2007 phone message when she failed to answer his scheduled call. "You are a rude, thoughtless little pig...You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being. I don't give a damn that you're 12 years old or 11 years old or you're a child." The funnyguy later apologized for the rant via his website, saying he lost his temper.
4. Joe Simpson: Jessica's manager-dad made everyone a little uncomfortable when he brought up his daughter's—um—assets, saying, "She just is sexy. If you put her in a T-shirt or you put her in a bustier, she's sexy in both. She's got double D's! You can't cover those suckers up!" Next time Joe should think of covering up his mouth.
5. Courtney Love: In August, the all-over-the-place rocker took her feud with 18-year-old daughter Frances Bean Cobain to Twitter with an unsettling rant including statements like, "youve done a dammed good job frances of destroying anything i could build that is positive, and i want to know why now that your of age." As far as we can tell, Court and Frances haven't reconciled. Guess a later tweet, "shes a classy broad my little bean," didn't do the trick.
—Reporting by Melanie Axelgaard