Meet five other sets of star friends who make us go, "Huh…Had no idea. At all."
1. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt…and Mindy Cohn?! Was Jolie one of those Eastland girls who got fired after The Facts of Life's first season? No, no, she wasn't. Per Us Weekly's scoop, Cohn, who played newshound Natalie on TFOL, met Jolie via James Haven, Cohn's longtime pal, and, of course, Jolie's brother. Cohn went onto friend Pitt, and per the magazine, become godmother to two of Jolie's and Pitt's six children.
2. George Clooney…and Richard Kind?! Clooney is one of our sexiest men alive. Kind is one of our busiest character actors working. What do these two have in common? According to Kind, a long-ago, never-aired TV pilot. Since that long-ago bonding session, Clooney earned a gig as best man at Kind's wedding.
3. Chelsea Handler…and Abigail Breslin?! E!'s own Handler is, well, Handler. Breslin is, well, 14. But these two looked like they bridged any and all gaps quite nicely in a photo series for Harper's Bazaar.
4. Jodie Foster…and Mel Gibson?! We should all have friends like Foster, who has stuck by Gibson time after time, and rant after rant. The odd couple—the classy, controlled leading lady and the meltdown-prone leading man—go back to 1994's Maverick, or, as it should be known, Mel Gibson's Least Bad Move Ever.
5. Jennifer Grey…and Jamie Lee Curtis?! Granted, this isn't the world's oddest pairing. After all, they're both Hollywood stars and peers (Grey's 50; Curtis is 51). It's just that up until this season of Dancing With the Stars, we never gave thought to whom either Grey or Curtis counted as a friend. Also, while we may have guessed Grey was a pretty good dancer, we had no idea Curtis was such a good cheerleader.