Hold on, Hollywood—summer has reached a whole new level of heat.
If it seems like the past few months have been hip to ended engagements, drawn out divorces, and explosive break-ups...well, it has. Every week, it seems, a celeb couple was hitting the headlines for a dynamite dumping.
So, which dunzo duos brought the best fireworks this summer?
1. Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva: The grand-daddy of summer break-ups. After some recorded rage, allegations of abuse, that whole extortion thing and the current courtroom custody showdown...yeah, it's definitely best for you two to go your separate ways. But thanks for keeping this summer interesting!
2. Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi: After everyone and their mom broadcasted that Vienna was the wrong choice next to cutie contestant, Tenley Molzahn, on last season of The Bachelor, Jake still popped the question. Merely months later, rumors of Vienna's playing around and Jake's dog-dissing surfaced, and, well, the couple called it quits—after they broadcasted their bitterness, natch. Oh well, looks like Vienna's on to the next.
3. Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston: Third time's a charm? Not so much. After getting engaged—twice—to her baby-daddy, Bristol called it quits after one week on this basis of some ex-girlfriend drama. Since the split, Levi's been concentrating on taking after Sarah Palin's political footsteps—in his spare time from Playgirl, that is. What a winner, Bristol—maybe you can find a new man to tango with?
4. Jillian Harris and Ed Swiderski: From the time he left Jillian for "work," came back and couldn't..."perform"...on The Bachelorette, watchers knew this relationship had some major thorns to face after that final rose. So it's no surprise that the engagement was called off earlier this summer—according to Ed, there were just too many "issues" to make the relationship work long-term. (Maybe the rose was meant for Jake Pavelka the first time around?)
5. Jana Kramer and Johnathon Schaech: Talk about nipping something in the bud: the One Tree Hill starlet ended her holy matrimony with Johnathon Schaech after only one month—and now the two are officially divorced. Should've known the relationship was doomed when the two met on the set of...what's that movie? Oh, Prom Night.
Which couple will you miss the most?