We know his Gossip Girl alter ego, Nate Archibald, digs weed. Now, police in Plano, Texas, are accusing Chace Crawford of partaking.
But there's more to the story than just the gorgeous mug shot that resulted from today's pot-possession bust—including a bit of bad luck last night before his arrest...
1. He's Forgetful: An employee of Ringo's pub tells me that the actor forgot to close his tab last night before getting busted in their parking lot. "He actually left his credit card here," an employee told me. Talk about a bad night!
2. The Texas Native Has a Posh NYC Address: Chace is from the Lone Star State, born in Lubbock and raised in Plano, which explains why he was there last night. A source tells E! News that he was in town visiting family and friends while on hiatus from Gossip Girl.
According to his arrest report, he currently lives in a tony apartment building in Manhattan's financial district. He actually used to live with costar Ed Westwick, but moved into his own place last year. Personal photos of the roommates partying at their apartment with friends were posted on Photobucket last year and quickly pulled down, but they're still on YouTube.
3. He's a Big-Screen Drug Dealer: In his upcoming movie Twelve, which premiered at Sundance, Chace plays a high school dropout and drug dealer named White Mike. To prepare for the role, he dropped weight and lived like a hermit. Question: Did Chace get a little too Method?
4. He Dropped Out of College: Chace came to California not to be an actor but to attend college at Pepperdine University in Malibu. He was in a fraternity (of course) and deciding between majoring in advertising, business and communications. His mom encouraged him to pursue acting during his second year of school, and he was signed on the spot by the first agency he interviewed with. So he said bye to the 'Bu and hello to Hollywood.
5. His Real First Name Isn't Chace: According to his arrest record, his actual name is Christopher Chace Crawford. We're glad he decided to use his middle name instead. Chris Crawford just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?
Don't worry, Chris Chace, we still love you—and your scruffy mug shot. XOXO.
(Originally published June 4, 2020, at 3:35 p.m. PT)