Tiger Woods is considered one of the greatest athletes in all of sports, so why should it come as a surprise that he philanders like a champ, too? Although, unlike in golf, he sure doesn't seem to be competing for the lowest score...
1. Shame Game: Sorry, game of golf, your tarnished golden boy is going on an "indefinite break" while he tries to sort out his mess of a personal life, which got even messier after his mother-in-law was hospitalized, an escort service owner claimed him as a big-spending client and the alleged-Tiger-lady tally grew to nine and counting. And look out, the ladies are hiring more lawyers, apologizing to Elin, appearing on magazine covers and talking—and being talked about—on daytime TV. OMG, they're everywhere!
2. Baby Boom: We're still waiting on Kourtney Kardashian, but E!'s own Kendra Wilkinson is a brand-new mom...Gisele Bündchen and Tom Brady are proud, hot parents...The 19th member of the 18 Kids and Counting family's brood arrived prematurely.
3. Recovering: Alexa Ray Joel is recuperating at dad Billy Joel's house following an apparent overdose attempt brought on by a bad breakup. We haven't seen Billy and Christie Brinkley this united since their "Uptown Girl" days. The proud parents are fiercely fending off any unsavory reports about their daughter's health and other attempts to "smear her character."
4. Whee, TV! Wow, you guys love that Glee. It's a good thing Watch With Kristin loves it, too, because it didn't miss a beat this week heading into the Fox hit's winter finale...Peep the Dexter season finale...Next MTV phenomenon: Jersey Shore...Flight of the Conchords is done after two seasons...So is As the World Turns after 54...Danny Cahill won The Biggest Loser...Michael Voltaggio is Top Chef...SYTYCD is down to six, without Legacy!...Diane Sawyer wrapped her run on Good Morning America...George Stephanopoulos is taking her place...Adam Lambert returned to ABC...You won't see Miley Cyrus performing at the Grammys, but you will see Michael Jackson.
6. Love Affairs: Eddie Vedder's engaged...Hulk Hogan's ready to tie the knot again...Tila Tequila wants "Mrs." in front of her name...Russell Brand seems to want "Mrs." in front of Katy Perry's name, too...Dennis Rodman and Hugh Hefner don't think much of the Tiger Woods drama...Jessica Simpson appears to have taken up with Billy Corgan...Uma Thurman has dropped her fiancé...Fergie and Josh Duhamel stepped out together...Brad and Angelina are holding strong. Neither one golfs, so they should be good.
8. Unmentionables: The Answer B!tch will answer anything but this.
9. Law & Disorder: Brian Bonsall was found and promptly arrested again...Howard K. Stern and Anna Nicole Smith's former docs pleaded not guilty to facilitating her drug habit...Erin Andrews' peeper pleaded guilty to stalking...Shayne Lamas copped to wet reckless...John Stamos, latest extortion target?...Jon Gosselin's got to stop making TLC-angering appearances...Shawne Merriman fired back against Tila Tequila...Nicolas Cage was sued for allegedly being a real schmuck...Travis Barker's jet crash suit is settled...Nicky Hilton was burgled, just like her sis...Clay Aiken, fraudulent voter?
10. Odds & Ends: Michelle Obama is über-fascinating...Taylor Swift went straight...Cute pics of the Richie-Madden clan......Eddie Cibrian's ex took a cue from "Before He Cheats"...Bruce Springsteen's a gay marriage supporter...Bryant Gumbel is battling lung cancer...Rivers Cuomo is healing after a bus crash.
(Originally published on Dec. 12, 2009 at 8 a.m. PT)
You've read the stories, now test your CPQ (celebrity photo quotient) in our Big Picture gallery.