Looks like Roman Polanski won't be going trick-or-treating this Halloween.
Swiss authorities have turned down a second bid for freedom by the Rosemary's Baby helmer after his attorney offered to pay a higher bail deposit.
"We received a request for bail on Oct. 26, which we rejected today," Folco Galli, the spokesman for the Justice Ministry in Bern, told Bloomberg. "The risk of flight remains high."
The 76-year-old Polanski, who's said to be ailing in a Zurich jail, had his initial bid for bail rejected by the ministry earlier this month. That came a week after Swiss police took him into custody on an international warrant related to his 1977 conviction for illegal sex with a 13-year-old.
No word exactly what Polanski's legal team put on the table, but according to Galli, it wasn't just cash.
Last week, the U.S. Justice Department formally asked Switzerland to extradite the Oscar-winning director of such flicks as Chinatown and The Pianist to Los Angeles.
And on Monday, Polanski's now 46-year-old victim, Samantha Geimer, pleaded with a California appellate court to dismiss the case against him, arguing that all the unwanted media attention is not only negatively impacting her health, but harming her family.
Polanski has 10 days to appeal the ministry's bail decision to a Swiss criminal court. No word after that when they'll issue their ruling.
Where does Hollywood stand on the Polanski drama? Find out here.