The Heene family's fate is in the hands of a higher power now.
Larimer County Sheriff's investigators presented their Balloon Boy hoax case to the District Attorney's Office Monday, meaning charges against partly admitted masterminds Richard and Mayumi Heene could be filed any day now.
The D.A. "has requested additional information and will be making a charging decision as soon as we have had an opportunity to complete a careful review and analysis of this case," read a statement from the Larimer County office.
While 6-year-old Falcon Heene raised suspicions Oct. 15 with his "for a show" comment that his parents never believed for a second he had crawled into their homemade weather balloon and drifted away, the jig really appeared to be up when a search warrant document released Friday revealed that Mayumi had confessed all to investigators.
Meanwhile, the Heenes and their three children are holed up in their Colorado home, where the front porch is dotted with flowers and messages of support for the family.
The cars remained in the driveway over the weekend and no one had been seen coming or going, until a brief Richard-and-the-kids sighting this afternoon.
After taking the family truck out for a short time, "he returned with his kids and hustled them inside the garage, said he was not talking to the press, and quickly shut the garage door," an eyewitness tells E! News. "This happened in a span of 15 seconds."
Authorities have said they won't be bringing any charges against the three minor Heenes, but Richard and Mayumi could be facing counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, attempting to influence a public servant and conspiracy.
Well, that's what you get for conspiring to be utterly ridiculous.
—Additional reporting by Baker Machado
Keep up with the Balloon Boy saga right here.