This one goes out to all the monsters, vampires, demons, robots, cyborgs, avatars, werewolves, zombies, aliens, fairies, elves, Velveteen Rabbits and every other kind of representative metaphor for our human condition. You get no props from the Emmys and the Globes, because you are considered to be childish things. (Come on! Everybody knows Velveteen Rabbits aren't real!!!)
But we know better, and we don't discriminate. We do segregate though (what? we're trying!), and so to get the bump-in-the-night shows out of the looming shadow of stuff like Grey's Anatomy, we're giving 'em their own category.
• Battlestar Galactica: It was a Shakespearean space opera. What's not to love?
• Fringe: Witty and smart, Fringe mashes up sewer monsters and mysticism into a challenging and fun procedural mystery.
• Medium: This family drama also offers up some of the most intellectually challenging whodunits on TV.
• Supernatural: The alternately funny and frightening adventures of the Winchester brothers are crazy-good entertainment.
• True Blood: These hypersexual blood-sucking fiends might be the reason they call it the dirty South.
Which one catches your fancy? Post in the comments below!
What did we forget? Why should people vote for one of the shows above? Tell us in the comments!