Thursday's Seattle-Los Angeles auditions ep of So You Think You Can Dance perhaps didn't measure up to Wednesday's gleeful Memphis-Miami episode, but we did get to see one of the judges boogie down onstage with a contestant and then be judged in his turn!
Ready for our rundown of SYTYCD moments to note? Read on...
- Loved judge and star choreographer Adam Shankman taking up amateur social-dancer Calico Sequeira on her offer to swing with him. He appeared to be a gallant and fun lead, but none of the actual steps were topped by Shankman's hammy wiggling and giggling performance once he was called to the mic and "judged" by last year's winners, Joshua Allen and Katee Shean. "Watch it," he teased Joshua. "I put you through."
- Who wants to bet now that Asuka, of Latin ballroom pair Asuka Kondoh and Ricky Sun, will make it to the Top 20?
- Congrats to 17-year-old Nathan Trasoras, who can't be on the show this season because he's too young, but performed so brilliantly that he was handed a ticket through to Vegas for fall's season six.
- The Sex versus Leo "dance battle" was bad enough, but the stagey reaction shots of the judges and the overproduced segment made it all the worse.
- The good news is that genius judge/choreographer Mia Michaels came out to play, but the bad news is she didn't seem quite as vibrant and electric as usual...
Which contestants caught your fancy? And are you anticipating Vegas Week as eagerly as we are? Hit the comments...