Jason Kempin/Getty Images for Flying Television
We figured that it would be nearly impossible to top the headline-worthy contestants on the last cycle of America's Next Top Model. Good thing then that, at least on paper, it appears as though Tyra Banks didn't even try.
The CW has unveiled the newest group of catwalking wannabes set to compete on the 12th edition of the reality hit. And while there's nary a transgender in sight among the 13 contestants, there are plenty of students, full-time aspiring models and, possibly to dispel the notion of superficiality within modeling's ranks, a nonprofit organizer.
As always, Banks returns to helm the modeling boot camp, and is once again joined at the judges' panel by former supermodel Paulina Porizkova, "noted" photographer Nigel Barker and runway force of nature "Miss J," J. Alexander.
Alexander and photo shoot overlord Jay Manuel are also back to mentor the contestants.
The women will be battling it out for the grand prize which this year consists of representation by Elite Model Management, a $100,000 contract with CoverGirl and a cover and six-page spread in Seventeen magazine.
The new season kicks off Feb. 25. Here's the complete list of contestants:
- Allison, 20, artist; New Orleans
- Aminat, 21, student; Union, N.J.
- Celia, 25, designer fashion sales; Cynthiana, Ky.
- Fo, 19, student; Albuquerque
- Isabella, 19, aspiring model; Barboursville, Va.
- Jessica, 18, student; Bradenton, Fla.
- Kortnie, 24, non-profit organizer; Houston
- London, 18, student; Arlington, Texas
- Natalie, 19, student; Palos Verdes, Calif.
- Nijah, 18, aspiring model; Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
- Sandra, 19, student; Rockville, Md.
- Tahlia, 18, student; Phoenix
- Teyona, 20, loss prevention representative; Woodstown, N.J.