“Who the heck is Elizabeth Powell?”, you ask? Remember a few years ago when you were all, “Who the heck is Leslie Feist?” Right. Give us a minute and we’ll tell you why Powell is worth getting to know (and most definitely worth a listen).
- Her extraordinary live presence and the way she owns the mic is jaw-dropping.
- She easily holds her own in the male-dominated music industry.
- Good hair!
- Often contributing her talents to famed collective Broken Social Scene, it was recently announced that Powell has become a full-fledged member of Team BSS. She will be balancing her duties in the collective along with her loyalties to her up-and-coming band Land of Talk, whose buzzed about 2008 full-length debut “Some Are Lakes” is pretty essential listening.
- Her guitar is like an extension of her body.
- We can’t NOT say it: total, total babe.
Liz Powell will be displaying her frontwoman-ly prowess with Land of Talk at Toronto’s Horseshoe Tavern on Thursday night. The band will be embarking on a tour in 2009.
Listen to Speak To Me Bones now.