Celebrities have the luxury of receiving eye-popping paydays, but even with their millions of dollars, stars can't resist a good bargain like the average Joe.
From budget buys at their local pharmacy to clipping coupons, stars such as Jennifer Aniston, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Jessica Parker and more are always looking for ways to save a buck at the register, just like us. Whether it's makeup removal with Vaseline or shampooing with a bottle of coconut oil, A-listers know a good buy when they see it.
Sure, they have glam squads and stylists that transform them for red carpets, but they're the first to admit all of it has to be returned, so when it comes time to actually swiping that credit card, these are the tips, tricks and places that some of your favorite celebrities swear by:
1. Shania Twain swears by the product Bag Balm for really dry skin. "When my skin's really dry, I'll rub it over my face and on my hair, then leave it there all day," she told Now magazine. A large jar of the moisturizing product will cost you only $8.49 on Amazon.
2. Kourtney Kardashian credits manuka honey for giving her glowing skin and healthy immune system. "I've been using manuka honey for years because our [KUWTK] production crew would get sick they would down spoonfuls of manuka honey, and so I started doing it with my family at home," Kourtney shared with E! News' Maria Menounos. "I love the oil texture. It's so light," she explained. "I always put it under my eyes and I always put it on my hands every night before I go to bed." Prices for manuka honey range from $15-$30.
3. Celebrities such as Mindy Kaling, Gwyneth Paltrow, Blake Lively and Suki Waterhouse won't stop talking about the benefits of coconut oil. From whiter teeth to softer hair, women are all about this product. "I use coconut oil a lot—I do on my face, on my skin and in my cooking. And I just started oil pulling, which is when you swish coconut oil around [in your mouth] for 20 minutes, and it's supposed to be great for oral health and making your teeth white," Paltrow told E! News. "It's supposed to clear up your skin, as well. It's really interesting; it's an ancient, ancient technique. I read about it on the Internet."
4. Tired of purchasing expensive face washes to remove your makeup? Follow Jennifer Lopez's trick: Vaseline.
5. But perhaps the biggest bargain shopper of them all is Sarah Jessica Parker. The Sex and the City alum talks candidly about dressing her children in hand-me-down clothing. "James Wilkie only wears hand-me-downs because I've got all these older nephews. That's the God's honest truth. Plus, my mother saved all my brothers' clothes. I am not kidding. I don't think I've ever bought him any clothes. Maybe a new winter coat," she told Us Weekly.
"I do buy him shoes, because everybody's feet are different. If I had been raised a child of privilege, I wouldn't be the working person I am today. I think it's incumbent on my husband and me to really stress and to show James Wilkie by example what it means to owe your community something and that he is not entitled to the benefits of our hard work. That doesn't mean that I'm withholding or keeping from him the joys of childhood. But I also don't want him to think the world he lives in is the real world. It's not."
6. Britney Spears has been spotted several times shopping at dollar stores as well as Target for her kids. According to legal documents regarding her conservatorship, the "Hit Me Baby One More Time" songstress has spent some of her fortune at 99 Cents Plus and 99 Cents or Less.
Even though celebrities can be spotted hitting up their local Whole Foods, you'll also catch some stars frequenting cult favorite Trader Joe's. Orlando Bloom has talked about his love of the inexpensive grocery store, and the Kardashian siblings have also gushed about its Cookie Butter.
7. Perhaps no one is more frugal than the "Queen of Cheap" Tyra Banks. A big time coupon clipper and big fan of DIY, Banks has always said she prefers to save than spend. "I've always been this way," Banks said in an interview for the New York Times Magazine. "When I was young, my mom would give me my allowance, and I'd peel off a little each week and have some to spare."
8. Oscar winner Hilary Swank is also a lover of coupons. "You know when you open up the paper and see those coupons, they look like dollar bills staring at you in the face," she said on Live! With Regis and Kelly. Swank attributed her savvy savings on her upbringing and admitted that she's not embarrassed to clip coupons.
9. Lenny Kravitz's daughter, Zoë Kravitz, has a very frugal pastime: bartering! She told Company magazine that it's best to hit up Portobello Road market and "go early on Friday mornings and always barter."
10. Perhaps no one has been more open (without saying anything) about getting more bank for your buck than Kate Middleton. The Duchess of Cambridge often recycles outfits, opting to reach for something old than spend on something new. In fact, it's probably safe to say she is the No. 1 (couture) outfit repeater.
11. Looking to spruce up your house but on a tight budget? Nate Berkus recommends buying grocery store flower bouquets and dividing them into smaller bunches. That way, you'll be able to put more flowers in more rooms, and liven up the whole house!
What are your cheap tricks? Sound off in the comments!