The 2016 BET Awards were full of emotional moments that were caught on camera for everyone to watch. Whether it was Sheila E giving it her all during a Prince tribute performance, or Beyoncé making a splash—literally—during her surprise performance, the awards were plenty entertaining.
However, if you are like the majority and didn't attend the actual show there was plenty you didn't see! Don't worry, we're here to fill you in on what didn't make it to air.
1. Before the show, co-host Anthony Anderson asked the audience who wanted to sing the National Anthem. One woman called out from the audience, so she got up on stage to sing for everyone.
2. The show took a political turn during commercial breaks. Anderson would ask the attendees if they would "make some noise" for Barack Obama and Michelle Obama. He also went around the room and asked people whether they were republican or democrat. "We can't have an orange man be president," he told the crowd.
3. Regina Hall seemed to suffer a wardrobe malfunction, as she was spotted grabbing her side and laughing while she walked out on stage to present.
Getty Images ; NBC
4. After Erykah Badu performed she walked out on the stage and people thought she was going to say something, but the truth was she was just confused on how to get back to her seat!
5. After Alicia Keys performed she kicked her microphone.
6. Sheila E hugged her backup dancers right after her rock star performance ended.
Did you enjoy all the Prince tributes throughout the evening? Sound off in the comments!