Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin died early Sunday following a freak car accident in his driveway. He was 27.
Yelchin was standing behind his parked car in his driveway when the vehicle rolled backwards, pinning him against a brick mailbox and a security fence, a police spokesperson told E! News. He had been on his way to meet friends for a rehearsal and when he didn't show up, they went to his house and found his body.
The tragedy has hit Hollywood hard, with former and current co-stars, celebrities and more turning to social media to react to his untimely death. Although his most recent project was the Star Trek franchise, Yelchin had many other memorable roles. Look back at some of Yelchin's best roles.
1. Star Trek: Yelchin played beloved Chekov in Star Trek and Star Trek Beyond, slated to hit theaters this summer on July 22. The role was originally made famous by Walter Koenig but taken over by Yelchin in the film reboots.
2. Like Crazy: Who couldn't help but fall in love with Yelchin and Felicity Jones' love story? Yelchin played an American student who falls in love with Jones' British character, but unfortunately they're forced to separate after she overstays her visa. Heartbreaking? Yes.
3. Fright Night: Yelchin plays it-boy Charley who is at the height of his popularity while dating Amy, played by Imogen Poots. But the perfection of his life doesn't last long, because as soon as Jerry Dandridge (Colin Farrell) moves in next door, everything goes array. After Yelchin's character witnesses some unusual activity at his neighbor's house next door, he determines Dandridge is a vampire.
4. Terminator Salvation: Yelchin took over the role of John Reese in the hit action franchise. Reese was the first love interest of Sarah Connor, and also the posthumous father of John Connor.
5. Alpha Dog: Playing fictional Zack Mazursky, Yelchin's character was based on the real life Nick Markowitz, 15, who was kidnapped and murdered by a drug dealer and his cronies. The film featured the events leading up to Markowitz's murder.
6. Along Came a Spider: Yelchin played Dimitri Starodubov, the fictional son of the Russian president who is the target of a large-scale kidnapping plot in this psychological thriller.
7. The Beaver: In this drama, Yelchin plays Porter, the son of depressed CEO Walter Black (Mel Gibson). After Gibson's character tries to commit suicide unsuccessfully, he becomes attached to a beaver puppet that he uses to communicate and help connect with his family. Eventually the puppet starts to take over Gibson's character's life, causing him to lose his relationship with Porter and his other kids and wife.