Johnny Nunez/Getty Images
Twenty-year-old Andre Young Jr. died of an accidental overdose of heroine and morphine, according to a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office
The case was subsequently closed after the young man's death was ruled an accident.
Young's mother, Jenita Porter, found him unconscious in his bedroom in their Woodland Hills, Calif., home on the morning of Aug. 23. Paramedics pronouned him dead at the scene.
Porter told authorities that her son had been out with friends but that she heard him snoring in his room at around 5:30 a.m.
"Dr. Dre is mourning the loss of his son Andre Young Jr. Please respect his family's grief and privacy at this time," Dre's rep, Lori Earl, said at the time.