As you can see from the clip above, Moana (voiced by newcomer Auli'i Cravalho) joins forces with the legendary demi-god Maui (voiced by Dwayne "The Rock Johnson") in their search for a fabled mystery island in the Pacific. Maui has power of mythical proportions, he says—and a "magical fish hook" that's been used to "stop the sun...pull islands out of the sea [and] battle monsters," to boot. So what about Moana, Maui's teenage parter in crime? Here are five things we've learned about the Polynesian princess from watching the latest teaser-trailer.
1. She's Adventurous: Moana is determined to become a master wayfinder, and with Maui by her side, she's ready to set sail across the open-ocean. This could prove dangerous, but as we see in the trailer, Moana can hold her own. The princess can run, jump and spear with the best of 'em.
2. She's Not Immediately Impressed by Maui's Bravado: The self-proclaimed "greatest demi-god in all the Pacific islands" brags quite ostentatiously about his strengths and powers—even his tattoos start moving in on the action—but Moana isn't quite sure what to make of him.
3. She Has Another Sidekick: Enter Pua, Moana's adorable pet pig! Pua, which means "flower" in Hawaiian, looks just as confused as Moana after meeting Maui for the first time.
4. She Has a Powerful Connection to Nature: As we see in the latest trailer, Moana has been one with the sea and its animals since she was a tiny tot in diapers.
5. She's Got a Shapeshifter on Her Side: Yep, see that? It looks like Maui can change forms at the ready, enabling him to fly, swim or run depending on what the situation calls for. Because Maui is seemingly stuck between the worlds of man and God, Moana will be his major connection to humanity.