As we inch closer to summer, The View is nearing the end of their 19th season, and thus the most popular question regarding the talk show has risen again: What in the world will happen next?
Rumors have been flying in recent months about the future of the popular talk show regarding its ever-changing panel of hosts. Each new season seems to bring something new, which inevitably sparks a tiny bit of drama. Last year, the show parted ways with Rosie O'Donnell (again), Nicolle Wallace and Rosie Perez and saw the addition of Raven-Symoné, Paula Faris and Candace-Cameron Bure.
So what will happen this year? While no one is ever really sure what ABC will have in store for us, there have been several rumors floating around:
Heidi Gutman/ABC via Getty Images
1. The Addition of Sara Haines: The most recent rumors surrounds the Good Morning America weekend anchor. Haines has been filling in for Michelle Collins, who is currently vacationing in Europe. Variety reports the GMA correspondent is in talks to join the panel as a regular host. However, ABC has yet to confirm anything.
"We're lucky to have terrific and talented guest co-hosts fill in at the table and we include Sara Haines on that list," an ABC spokesperson said in a statement. "When we are ready to make to make an announcement about next season, we will."
2. Michelle Collins Leaving: The rumors about Haines follow reports that Collins is heading out after this season. Variety reported ABC producers decided not to renew the comedienne's contract, and thus her time on the panel will come to an end later this summer.
ABC chose not to confirm anything once again. "Michelle is smart, opinionated and funny," said an ABC spokesperson. "She's been a great addition to the panel this year. When we are ready to make an announcement about next season, we will."
3. Raven-Symoné Being Forced Off: Becoming one of the most controversial hosts on The View, people began speculating that Raven-Symoné was being "forced off" the show. In fact, a petition was created to get her fired.
However, ABC denied the rumors, calling them "ridiculous." A spokesperson for ABC told E! News at the time, "We love Raven. She is confident, genuine and opinionated, all qualities that make her a great addition to the panel."
4. Candace Cameron Bure's Busy Schedule: Juggling Fuller House, her hosting duties on The View as well as a family, the actress has admitted that her schedule is a little hectic. "I'm flying back and forth from LA to New York every single week, working four days in New York and then back home in LA for three days to be with my family," she said. "It's definitely exhausting and I'm not sure how long I can keep up the pace. I wouldn't call it fun. Fuller House is really fun and The View is great work."
Of course, this lead people to wonder whether she'll be back next season.
5. Whoopi Goldberg's Contract: The leading lady of the panel will see the end of her 4-year contract this year, and people are questioning whether she'll renew it. Rumors circulated that she's been contentious in signing a new contract until she gets exactly what she wants.
However, in Tuesday's show she promised she's not going anywhere, telling viewers that she would let them know if she does decide to leave in the future.