Tim Whitby/Getty Images
Happy 50th birthday,
! Thank you so, so, so, so, J.K. Rowling so much for being born. Seriously. Not only did you gift us with Harry Potter, one of the most beloved book series and fandoms of all time, but you're also an insanely awesome human being.
Basically, Mrs. Rowling is a wizard living among muggles, and she proved it many, many times:
1. When she shut down someone on Twitter when they criticized
' weight. Serena Williams
3. When she gave us
Pottermore so we could continue our adventures in the wizarding world.
CARL COURT/AFP/Getty Images
6. But she still supported him anyway, despite his bulge being front and center.
7. When she gave one of the best, most inspiring commencement speeches of all time.
8. When she confirmed that
Dumbledore was gay and then clapped back at a fan who said he couldn't "see" Albus being a homosexual.
12. When she spoke the damn truth about Twitter.
14. When she had a perfectly classy response to someone daring to question her charity work.
15. When she made this hilarious but oh-so-wrong joke about
Harry Potter, Fifty Shades of Grey and Harry's wand.
16. When she invented Quidditch and gave us muggles a new sport to play.
17. When she told fans she was
in a parallel universe because of course she is. Zayn Malik
18. When she showed how much she still loved her cast.
20. When she showed off her love for pets dressed up as her own characters.
22. When she brought
Harry Potter fans to tears with one simple tweet:
Are we forgetting anything? Oh, right!
23. She created the world of
Harry Potter, giving readers of all ages everywhere a chance to believe in magic once again. And she also gave the fandom ammunition to do stuff like this:
Happy birthday, J.K. Rowling! Never, ever change.