Theo Wargo/NBC/Getty Images for 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'
Big news on the celebrity newsletter front: Lena Dunham is getting into the game!
The writer/director/actress/Taylor Swift BFF announced the new venture, called Lenny, today. The newsletter will be part feminist advice column, part Goop-style guide to life. Oh, with shopping too, naturally.
Dunham, who's embarking on the project with Girls showrunner Jenni Konner, told BuzzFeed that Lenny will be for "an army of like-minded intellectually curious women and the people who love them, who want to bring change but also want to know, like, where to buy the best tube top for summer that isn't going to cost your entire paycheck." So there you have it: It's a feminist newsletter that will teach you how to buy tube tops. It's every ambitious girl's dream!
While some of us are busy trying to figure out how exactly this new service is going to work, millennial ladies everywhere are signing up for the emails in droves (at least according to that beacon of sociological measurement: Twitter). And since Dunham clearly knows how to speak to the modern woman (and cash in big-time while she's doing it), there isn't much doubt in our minds that Lenny is going to be a success.
But that brings us to the actual content—what exactly is the newsletter going to tackle? Subscribers will have to wait until September to find out, but we've got a few ideas for topics to tackle in the meantime. Get your notepads ready, Lena and Jenni.
1. The art of befriending Taylor Swift
2. How to successfully ignore Internet bullying
3. How to tell if you're a Real Feminist
4. Telling the world all the intimate details of your relationship and not having it blow up in your face
5. Self-confidence: A master class
6. How to do a pixie cut the right way.
7. How to make your own lifestyle blog. (You get a lifestyle blog! You get a lifestyle blog! Everybody gets a lifestyle blog!)
8. A guide to free trade nut milks.
9. How to pick the most empowering pair of pajamas.
10. How to collect mentors.
11. How to find love...with a lead singer of a band.
12. The art of the television spoiler.
14. Acro-yoga for dummies.
15. How to eat macrobiotic for just $1 a day.
16. How to wear a crop top without anyone knowing you're wearing a crop top.
17. Memoir writing tips for modern women who want to stir up controversy, but also be classy.
18. The 10 best places to eat drunk food without judgment.
19. Socially and environmentally responsible hangover cures.
20. Unlocking the mystery of the workout selfie.