It's hard to imagine our lives without the greatness that was One Tree Hill.
So, in honor of Burton's, or as fans of the former TV show know as Peyton Sawyer, special day, we're taking a look back at some of our favorite One Tree Hill moments. Also, let's be honest, there are so many good moments, so the research needed for this list only reminded us that a One Tree Hill binge-watching marathon needs to happen as soon as we get home!
But first, a trip down nostalgia lane...
1.When Gavin DeGraw's Voice Came On: The credits began, and our favorite cast members' faces graced the screen to the lyrics, "I don't want to be/ Anything other than what I've been trying to be lately/ All I have to do /Is think of me and I have peace of mind..."
We all belted it out, don't lie.
2.When Nathan Scott and Haley James Got Married: These two taught us throughout the entire season that true love lasts! No matter the bumps in the road the couple faced, they weathered the storm, prevailed as a duo and made us believe true love endures all.
Do you remember that kiss in the rain?
3. The State Championship Game: Confetti flies, our boys win, the Tree Hill Ravens become champs! If you were Team Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) and Peyton, it's the scene where your heart melted because he finally told her, "It's you. When all my dreams come true, the person I want standing next to me is you." Sigh.
4. The Wisdom of Coach: He always knew what to say whether it was to make everyone laugh or hit them with some Whitey wisdom.
5. Team Lucas and Brooke: Although the two didn't end up together, there were so many moments that made you want to root for them. In fact, there's a compilation video on the 82 reasons why they should have ended up together.
7. When Jamie Scott Was Born: It's hard to imagine what One Tree Hill would be like without Haley and Nathan's adorable son Jamie! Remember when he threw his hands in the air with Quentin and the rest of the basketball boys?
Also, had to include one of our favorite lines!
8. When Nathan Made It to the NBA: Seeing this basketball player's ultimate dream come true was priceless. The moment he'd been working for, waiting for and wishing for happened, and we shared in his success.
9. When Lucas and Peyton Got Married: Lucas Scott finally tied the knot, and although our hearts could barely take the back and forth in the beginning of his love triangle with Brooke and Peyton, there was a happy ending.
His bestie Haley officiated the wedding, and Lucas gave some tearful vows that tugged at our heartstrings but simply ended with, "I love you Peyton Elizabeth Sawyer."
10. The Life Lessons:One Tree Hill gave us so much to remember, it's really difficult to pick a favorite moment. It taught us about the value of friendship, family, life and love. We wish it never had to end.
Better yet—Hilarie, should we throw a reunion bash for your birthday party? Keep us posted.