Kanye West's crowning as one of Time's Most Influential People may have surprised a lot of people, but it did not surprise Kanye West.
As Elon Musk wrote in the accompanying article, "Kanye West would be the first person to tell you he belongs on this list." And that's exactly what he does in his interview. The rapper went full Kanye for the video segment, doling out many a grandiose statement on life, love and, most importantly, himself. In other words, he did not disappoint.
Some of his more aggressive or incendiary sentiments are noticeably absent here—it seems he's continuing on his family man sap tour. But he still gives the people what they want: Wacky and lofty quotes that remind us just how much we need Kanye West to keep us entertained.
Plus, did you know that he totally breaks the Internet too? Let him enlighten you.
1. "Every time I break the internet it's like this little drop of truth—every time I say something that's extremely truthful, out loud, it literally breaks the Internet."
2. "What's the main thing that makes magic magic? The fact that no one believes it's possible."
3. "When I entered the fashion world and I encountered a lot of elitism and all that, it just made me happy."
4. "I think there's school teachers that are the exact same mission as me. I think there's police officers with the exact same mission as me: just help."
5. "I don't care about having a legacy, I don't care about being remembered. The most important thing to me is while I'm here, while we're having fun, while we're going to sleep and breathing oxygen and living life and falling in love and having pain and joy is what can I do with my voice?"
6. "The pressure of [my fashion show] was like the Super Bowl."
7. "I looked at [my fashion publicist] and said, 'This is great...embrace this moment where no one came to see the collection."
8. "Our focus needs to be less about what our legacy is going to be or how we can control each other, but more about how we can gift each other."