We are days away from the birth of the second royal baby, aka the "spare heir," which means we'll soon have another Prince Harry! Or Princess Harry. Wait, that came out wrong.
Anyway, the last time the world was waiting with bated breath for the arrival of a spare heir, it was 1984 and the world was a very different place. Ready to go back in time? Let's go!
The year is 1984 and Princess Diana is expecting her second child with her husband, Prince Charles. In the fall, they will welcome a beautiful baby boy and name him Henry Charles Albert David. Elsewhere, this is what the world was like in 1984...
1. Pepsi came out with a commercial that starred Michael Jackson dancing alongside future Dancing With the Stars participant Alfonso Ribeiro, aka Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
2. A gallon of gas set you back $1.10.
4. The Olympic Games were held in Los Angeles, and it was the first time the Summer games were truly a global television event. 180 hours' worth of coverage, to be precise!
5. The term "ugly crying" was (probably) invented after people saw Terms of Endearment.
6. Little girls were obsessed with My Little Pony toys, while little boys wanted to ride around in a mini A-Team Van. Or vice versa.
7. NBC's Thursday night lineup looked like this: The Cosby Show, Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court, Hill Street Blues.
8. Girls just wanted to have fun, damn it!
9. The average cost of new house was $86,730, which here in Los Angeles today would buy you maybe half of a garage.
11. You weren't a real Fashionista unless you were rocking some serious shoulder pads.
12. Sally Field won a Best Actress Oscar for Places in the Heart and gushed that we liked her, we really, really liked her!
13. If you wanted to catch a movie, say Ghostbusters or Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, you'd have to fork over $2.50.
14. CD players hit the market for the first time and then 30 years later adults would complain about how kids would never know the pain of not having thousands of songs always at your fingertips. You had to change discs to hear more than 20 songs!
15. And finally, we learned that only Kevin Bacon could make dancing a sin worth committing.
And that's what the world was like back when Prince Harry was born! Now let's head back to the present, where unfortunately Justin Bieber is still a thing.