Houston Texans player J.J. Watt is taking over Hollywood. His appearance on New Girl last night proves has more skills than just those shown on the football field!
The hunky 26-year-old grew up in Pewaukee, Wis., and has been breaking records in the NFL. Now, he's making a splash in Tinseltown. Before his New Girl debut, he graced ESPN magazine's cover with Katy Perry!
Watt, though, is much more than an NFL player. Here are five things you need to know about him.
1. He Came From Humble Beginnings: Before making it big in the NFL, he was a Pizza Hut delivery boy. Watt tells E! News, "I think everybody has a job like that, somewhere where they started out at." Watt continues, "It goes to show you anybody can do it….I came from a small town in Wisconsin, just like a lot of people, so there's nothing crazy or special, it's just hard work that gets you to where you want to be."
I've wanted to be able to do this my whole life. For all you've worked & sacrificed, you deserve it. Happy B-Day Mom! pic.twitter.com/oP1AWQwGwu
2. He Bought the Lucky Lady in His Life a Car: That's right, he bought his mom a car for her birthday! "My dad was a firefighter. My mom worked her way up from secretary of her company to being the vice president. I really respected their work ethics, and respected how they went about their daily business. My parents would definitely be my childhood heroes." J.J. not only looks up to his parents, but he really loves them, having given his mom her dream car for her birthday this past season! "It's one of those things every kid dreams about, and to be able to do that is really special," Watt said.
3. He Has One of the Most Expensive Contracts in the NFL:J.J. signed a $100 million contract with the Texans, yet he hasn't let the increase in his salary go to his head. When he signed the new contract, he told Fox Sports he had to Google what rich people buy, and decided he "didn't like the stuff he saw." Too sweet!
4. If You Want to Date J.J., You'd Better Pass His Mom's Test: When you look up J.J. on Twitter, you will find hundreds of accompanying marriage proposals from fans. So, is JJ single? Watt tells E! News, "I will let the mind wander and think what they want." Watt is looking for a girl with personality. "Sweet, caring, honest, humble. Just a good person, somebody that has good morals and values. I think that's the biggest thing, it's the type of person you are. That makes a girl more beautiful than anything, being a good person, and caring. All that stuff is way more important to me than looks, but obviously you can have a beautiful girl on top of that."
As far as his celebrity crush goes, without hesitation, Watt said, "Jennifer Aniston." If you're looking to date Watt though, "You'll definitely need to pass my mom's test." Watt then mentioned, "I think my mom knows and everyone knows I would never end up with a girl my mom didn't approve of."
5. J.J. Wants to Settle Down: So, what's in his future? Marriage. J.J. tells E! News that five years from now, "I'll probably still be playing, and hopefully playing well. Five years from now, I hope to have a wife, and maybe some kids, and trying to continue to play at the highest level possible, but also being a great husband, father, and just trying to be the best person I can be." Watt says the biggest challenge in chasing his dreams is, "Every single day, making the sacrifices. You have to be willing to make the sacrifices every single day."