Bad blood between boy banders?
If you recall, last week 'N Sync star Joey Fatone blasted the Backstreet Boys' recent tour and said the group simply did it because they needed the money.
Shortly thereafter, Nick Carter took to Twitter and fired back, writing, "Just disappointed, I really liked joey." He later noted, "I'm proud of who we are and love what we stand for. Truthfully its about not letting our fans down. Sorry bro but you have us all wrong."
However, Carter told E! News that, despite his response to Fatone's remarks, there are absolutely no hard feelings.
"It was definitely tongue-in-cheek," he said. "That's who Joey is, and I respect it, but I'm not going to sit back and just take it. I'm going to give him a little something back, and that's sort of what happened."
He added, "I'm protective over what we do. You know, at the end of the day, we thankfully have a career, where we still have fans, we can still sell out arenas, go all around the world and make money doing it. And that's a great job to have."
Meanwhile, Jordan Knight, who has teamed up with Carter to record an album and tour together under the name Nick & Knight, weighed in on the situation, saying, "They have since squashed it. I saw a text Joey sent Nick not too long ago. He said congrats on the Nick & Knight thing. So, you know, it's water under the bridge."
And yes, you read that correctly. The two singers have joined forces and will be releasing a collection of tunes on Sept. 2, followed by a 39-city tour that kicks off in Nashville on Sept. 15.
What's more, if fans pre-order the album now, they can get a free download of the pair's new song, "Just the Two of Us."
—Reporting by James Chairman