John P. Johnson/HBO
John P. Johnson/HBO
Get excited, bloodthirsty fans! Sunday's True Blood season premiere is almost here.
Last season ended with some crazy cliffhangers, so grab your bug spray and your mint julep because it's time to head down to Bon Temps to see what those wacky vampires, werewolves and fairies are up to.
We got an early look at the first episode of the season, and believe us when we say that there is a lot of drama for Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) & Co. to get out of. But what are the top five things that we just had to share with you? Find out now:
1. Dead or Alive: Tara's (Rutina Wesley) status will be addressed very early in the season opener, and the most unlikely of allies will come to her aid. When last we saw her—taking a bullet in the head for BFF Sookie—she didn't look too good. But does that make her dead in this supernatural world?
2. An HBO Tradition: Don't ask us why, but incest seems to be a common theme on TV these days. Following the lead of Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire, True Blood has touched on it before with those creepy werepanther hillbillies and Bill's (Stephen Moyer) dating dilemmas, and it's definitely there in the premiere. We'll warn you, it's half incredibly disturbing and half hilarious.
3. Bromance Born: Who said werewolves and shifters couldn't be friends? Alcide (Joe Manganiello) and Sam (Sam Trammell) have a lot of cleaning up to do after last season's werewolf bloodbath. And that's just the start of their troubles.
4. Respect My Authority: It's fun seeing Bill and Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) actually freak out. They are in serious trouble. Killing Nan Flanagan (Jessica Tuck) puts the vamp duo on the radar of the big and mysterious Vampire Authority. And it's going to get ugly and very dangerous for them.
5. Wild Child: Looks like Jason (Ryan Kwanten) is still hung up on Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll), but she is sowing her wild oats. What's a young, single vampire to do? Acquire new friends of course! She will certainly take advantage of having a mansion all to herself.
True Blood returns Sunday night at 9 on HBO.
Are you excited for Blood's new season? Think there is any way Tara could survive? Sound off in the comments.