How often do Gossip Girl fans get to see Ed Westwick, in the flesh, speaking with that ridiculously charming British accent and giving Blake Lively a run for the money with how low his neckline can go?
But at last night's CW party and today at the Television Critics Press Tour, Ed's bosses Stephanie Savage, Josh Schwartz and Joshua Safron graciously showed up to pony up some info on the upcoming season of G.G....
First though, check out the video of Ed Westwick above for proof of his strong accent and not-so-strong neckline. Seems he's a oui (get it?) bit excited about all the Paris stuff this season, no? We know his "new love" is French actress Clémence Poésy, but when he says "old loves" (are we hearing that right?) does he mean Blair (Leighton Meester)? More than Blair? Thoughts?
Now back to those goodies we promised from today's press tour fun. First, the CW delivered an all new promo from the Gossip Girl premiere in Paris—footage of Chuck and Blair's much-talked about reunion in the City of Love!
B drives by in the lovely black car seen in the twitpic to your right, and—bam!—there's that Basshole standing on the street corner. Their eyes lock. There's a bit of a double take. And that's it.
Josh did reveal during the panel that by the end of G.G.'s Paris run, Chair will come face-to-face (another tease we see in the promo) but it will lead to "explosive consequences" for the rest of the season. Bahhh! Why must you keep doing this us?!
Elsewhere in the Gossip realm, there's all sorts of fabulosity happening. Here are the top seven G.G. spoilers from the day:
1. Why Paris? Why not?! Says Stephanie: "Paris was the ultimate expression of what the show is—fashion, architecture, Blair's father lives there, coffee, lingerie, all a part of the Gossip Girl world." FYI: The first two eps of the season will take place abroad.
2. "Fashion's Night Out" is the third episode of the season, which includes a guest spot from designer Diane Von Furstenberg, plus Italian Vogue and other industry insiders.
3. Josh teased that Katie Cassidy's arc includes lots of "nice, juicy" details. She'll "raise a lot of trouble," he says. Woot!
4. When asked about Michelle Trachtenberg's return, Stephanie teased: "You will see more of Georgina Sparks in more ways than one."
5. Taylor Momsen will be back as Little J sometime in the first half of the season.
6. The in-show Gossip Girl website will be undergoing construction when the season starts. She's gotta get with the 2010 technology, yo. The site will have some never-before-seen technology, too.
7. Stephanie says there's a "definite endgame in mind," but not in the near future. And score one for Josh with this Lost joke: "We know what the Island is...Manhattan."
Was that enough Gossip Girl goodness to tide you over for now? Hope so, but the new season is inching closer, so stick around!
Be sure to follow @kristindsantos on Twitter for all things TV.