Netflix is saying goodbye to Kevin Spacey. The following statement was released Friday evening to multiple outlets, shedding light on the uncertain future of House of Cards' final season.

"Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey. We will continue to work with MRC during this hiatus time to evaluate out path forward as it relates to the show. We have also decided we will not be moving forward with the release of the film Gore, which was in post-production, starring and produced by Kevin Spacey."

Earlier this week, Netflix and producer Media Rights Capital sent executives down to the Baltimore, Maryland set of House of Cards following allegations leveled at Spacey by Star Trek: Discovery's Anthony Rapp. The two companies in a joint statement said they were "deeply troubled" by Rapp's allegations and sent executives to the set "to meet with our cast and crew to ensure that they continue to feel safe and supported."

Following the announcement of the investigation, the two companies announced production on the sixth and final season would be suspended.

"MRC and Netflix have decided to suspend production on House of Cards season six, until further notice, to give us time to review the current situation and to address any concerns of our cast and crew," the two companies said in a joint statement to E! News.

Spacey was nominated for five Emmys for playing Frank Underwood, who rose from a congressman to president. At the end of the fifth season, Robin Wright's Claire Underwood had assumed the presidency. Her character turned to the camera, like Spacey's had for seasons before, and said, "My turn."

  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share