It turns out that the actress and redheaded royal are already getting serious, and that Prince Harry might already be thinking about the next step: engagement. "It wouldn't surprise me if he's already thinking about engagement just because that's where his head goes but that's not where the relationship is at right now," a source told E! News.
"This is totally Harry. The problem with Harry is when he falls, he falls hard. He goes in big time."
The idea of dating or even marrying royalty might seem overwhelming, but Markle wouldn't be the first.
Here are six other commoners who have entered relationships with royalty:
1. Diana Spencer: You know her better now as Princess Dianathanks to her romance and subsequent marriage with Prince Charles. The couple started dating when she was 19 and he was over 30. They married and had two children together, Prince Harry and Prince William.
Stephen Lock - Pool/Getty Images
2. Kate Middleton: It was the wedding that captured the world! Kate and Prince William met at school and began dating. Although they broke up for a time, they ended up getting back together and tying the knot. Kate became the Duchess of Cambridge and now has two children with her hubby: Princess Charlotte and Prince George.
NY Daily News Archive via Getty Images
3. Grace Kelly: The movie star met Rainier, the Sovereign Prince of Monaco and married him on April 19, 1956. Tragically, Kelly died in 1982 in a car accident. They had three children together.
ODD ANDERSEN/AFP/Getty Images
4. Letizia Ortiz: A former journalist for CNN, Ortiz met Prince Felipe of Spain while covering an oil slick on the Galicia shoreline. The pair hit it off immediately, and were married on May 22, 2004. They have two daughters together. She is now the Princess of Asturias.
Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
5. Mary Elizabeth Donaldson: She met Prince Frederik of Denmark at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney. The Prince only referred to himself as Fred and kept his royal roots a secret until their relationship grew serious. They ultimately tied the knot and Mary became the Crown Princess of Denmark.
6. Marie Chantal Miller: She met Greece's Prince Pavlos on a blind date in 1992 and married in 1995.
Miller became The Crown Princess Pavlos of Greece.