In super sad news, Vine has decided to shut down in the near future, according to an announcement posted on their blog today. The video sharing app allows users to post looping clips. Tons of videos reached viral status, and we're here to celebrate these gems today. Vine has been around since 2013, and while no changes are taking place today, they decided to discontinue their mobile app in the next few months. "We value you, your Vines, and are going to do this the right way. You'll be able to access and download your Vines. We'll be keeping the website online because we think it's important to still be able to watch all the incredible Vines that have been made. You will be notified before we make any changes to the app or website," their blog post notes. No need to save all your Vines yet, so don't panic.
At least we'll have the site to remember all of our favorite videos, too. "I can't imagine the horror every attractive teenager must be facing now they realize they'll never be inexplicably famous," one person replied to Vine's Twitter announcement. The majority of Vine fans were shocked and saddened by the news. "God damn it I just figured out how to get verified on vine and you guys do this shit. RIP to my guy," one person tweeted. "I'm not ok. How am I supposed to be unproductive w my time now? I gtg." As you can tell, Vine's decision to shut down has spiraled fans into a first world meltdown. They do make some good points, however. We'll take you back to the days when llamas danced to DMX and Daniel damned in his Vans. R.I.P. Vine. We'll never forget how much you helped us slack off.
1. Who Is She? Posted by Chloe Lmao, this girl with braces awkwardness has over 100,000,000 loops.
2. Lamb Saying Yeah. Never gets old.
3. "Is that a chicken?!" A true Vine gem courtesy of Kris and Kylie Jenner. #NeverForget the chicken.
4. Frickin' Bats. Literally all of us this month.
5. Yoga Ball Brother. That scream.
6. Party Up Here. Nothing better than a llama prancing to DMX, right? We're really gonna miss Vine.
7. I Can Feel It Coming in the Air Tonight. A puppy nailing that Phil Collins drum moment is the perfect kick-off to the weekend.
This vine came out in 2013 and I still don't know where the ball went https://t.co/LtVFRe66Nk— Funny Vines (@FunnyVines) October 23, 2016
8. Where's the ball? OKAY BUT REALLY WHERE IS IT?
9. I'm Busy! Nothing like a good pee vine to really make you miss the app. Thanks, Nicholas Fain.
10. All These Ghosts. Safe to say 4EverKelz invented the best Halloween dad joke in history.
11. Damn Daniel. A Vine CLASSIC that can never be topped. These boys got so viral they landed an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, got a lifetime supply of Vans and made a cameo in a Weezer video.
12. Eyebrows on Fleek. Right up there with Damn Daniel, Peaches Monroe and her famous catch phrase got so big, she literally added a new word to the dictionary.
We're not kidding. We'll miss you, Vine!