The Incredibles 2 is happening sooner than we think, and we couldn't be more excited.
Disney announced Wednesday that The Incredibles 2's release date had been moved up to June 15, 2018, and that Toy Story 4 would be landing in theaters on June 21, 2019. Sure, these dates seem incredibly far away, but that doesn't mean we're not already counting down until we get more from our favorite superheroes and toys.
In honor of the exciting news, here is everything we know about The Incredibles 2:
1. Brad Bird is back. The writer and director of Pixar's original Incredibles is returning to helm the sequel.
2. The new release date is a swap. Originally, The Incredibles 2 was going to be released in June 2019, which led plenty of theories to speculate why the sequel took so long to be announced.
3. Sarah Vowell is rumored to be reprising the voice of Violet Parr, and Raymond Ochoa is rumored to be voicing Dash Parr, a change up from the original character, who was voiced by Spencer Fox.
4. Rumors speculate that Jack-Jack, a baby in the first film, will be the sequel's main villain. Latter scenes in the original alluded to how powerful he would become later in life.
5. Bird has said that this movie won't be like other superhero films. Instead, the sequel will focus on the relationships between the characters, giving more weight to the Jack-Jack theory.
6. Frozone is probably coming back. While promoting Captain America: Winter Soldier, Samuel L. Jackson said, "Every time I run into Brad [Bird] he always tells me Frozone is part of what's going on, so I have to believe that."
7. Fans also theorize that Dash could become the movie's main villain.
Are you excited for The Incredibles 2? Sound off in the comments!